Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is full of happiness, good health, inspirational ideas and good books to read.
My main goal for this year is the same as last year and probably every year – write! I may not have finished my first draft yet but I have learnt lots in 2017, made close friendships with fellow aspiring writers and have discovered the desire to write is not going away.
Goals for 2018
- Be more organised – this seems an impossible dream.
- Use a life planner or similar to keep my grasshopper brain on track. I found a wonderful, thought-provoking life planner I would love to use and it was free. Thank you The Swish Family Robertson for creating it.
- Use a planner to keep track of book reviews, blog tours and writing deadlines
- Explore more places, be spontaneous.
- Meet up with writing friends I have met online.
- Sit in a coffee shop and write. I see other writers do this and I am always envious.
- Learn how to write short stories.
- Be brave and contact relevant people to help in my research. The first hurdle is admitting I am a writer to strangers.
- Finish my first draft of The Ellfaenian Journals.
- Read more books about the craft of writing.
- Pluck up the courage to enter competitions.
- Read more and send in reviews to Amazon and Goodreads. It was only recently I discovered the importance of this for writers. If you want to support the authors who bring you the stories you love, write a review.
Plans for this blog
- Let you know what I am currently reading weekly. Reading is crucial to my writing. It can inspire, teach, entertain and there is nothing like an absorbing story to kick you into writing your own. Hopefully I can also create something people will enjoy.
- Post book reviews. I write book reviews on Duvet Dwellers Books but will post some here too.
- Post book reviews on books about the art of writing.
- Post ramblings on books, writing and research trips. I see Whitby, York and seaside trips happening with chips being eaten as brain fuel. I am sure calories consumed on research trips don’t count towards the New Year diet.
- Post flash fiction/short stories.
- Enjoy being part of the writing community.
What are your goals or dreams this year?
If you have any suggestions on books about writing, please let me know.