Health has thrown me a curveball with episodes of vertigo on top of everything else so duvet days have become the norm. At first, I was fine with the idea of snuggling down with Nigel or Pip to recover; I had books to read and review, jelly beans to eat and of course, an imaginary world to explore and write about but then I realized screens made my vertigo worse. It is hard to read or write when the words tilt and swim. My euphoria of hitting the 40,000 word count a week ago has dwindled. It is now increasing at snail’s pace as I snatch a few legible words here and there on paper and screen. I just have to remember the number of words is getting higher. In the back of my mind, I have Louise Jensen’s voice telling me she wrote 200 words a day on her novel and she is a successful best seller author. If you haven’t read her books you are missing a treat. My reviews for her The Gift and The Surrogate are on Duvet Dwellers Books.
Thank Goodness I have an old-fashioned Kindle with no backlight and several books from the library to read – these are much easier on the eyes. Getting the reviews written and published to Duvet Dwellers Books is harder but I will share them soon – hopefully.
Last month Reads
- Still Me by JoJo Moyes
- Only Child by Rhiannon Navin
- A Spell in the Country by Heide Goode and Iain Grant
- Senseless by Andrea Jutson
This month reads
- Write a Novel in 30 days by Megg Geri
- Hangman by Daniel Cole
- The Sandman by Lars Kepler
- The Pearl Sister by Lucinda Riley
- Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella
- The Coven by Chrissy Lessy
- The Haunting of Hattie Hastings Part 2 – watch out for my participation in her blog tour next week
- Brighton’s Mermaid by Dorothy Koomson
- The Curious Heart Of Ailsa Rae by Stephanie Butland
- Million Love Songs by Carole Matthews
- Alive by Sharon Bolton
I am unsure how I will read and review all those but fingers crossed.
Hopefully, I will be back to myself to join in with Camp NaNoWriMo in April to do another 10,000 words for Amber’s tale and smash the 50,000 target.
Happy reading and writing!